Portuguese Bag - 008
Haven't you got enough time for big crochet projects? Then granny square is perfect for you! It takes only 20 minutes to crochet a granny. Sit down on the sofa and try to clear your mind. Work with colorful yarns is really a therapy. You collect them and after a few days get them together and you will have a beautiful new handmade bag!
About design: I love "portuguese ceramic tiles". I try to catch its style, colors, and patterns. It is so exciting to mix tunisian crochet with cross stitch techniques.
This listing is for the crochet pattern sent as a PDF file - not for a physical item.
You will receive a very detailed, easy to follow, written instructions in English about how to complete this unique bag. The pattern is written in standard American terms. Written explanation of all rounds of the diagrams, step-by-step instructions, more than 40 pictures, crochet diagram and crochet symbol key are provided. The measurements are provided in inches and cm.
Skill level: easy / intermediate
Colors: Pattern include detailed motif color selection.
Finished bag measures: 29 cm wide x 29 cm tall = 11,4” inch wide and 11,4” inch tall (without handles). 1 granny is 10g = 0,35 oz, it means 13 grannies together approx 130 g = 4,58 oz
Materials you will need:
- Yarn - Scheepjes - Catona, 100 % Cotton, washable (40), mercerized, 25 g = 0,88 oz – 62,5 meter = 2460’’ inch = 1 skein, http://www.scheepjes.com/en/yarn/catona-25-gram-749/
- yarn, needle, embroidery needle
- Handles: You can sew them (following my description) or you can buy ready handles on etsy studio. https://www.etsy.com/studio, If you sew them you will need: artificial leather / or cotton fabric, 2 times for the handles: 8 cm = 3,14” wide x 100 cm = 39” long
- accessories for the handmade handles: 4 pieces metal rectangle ring (size approx: 3,5 cm = 1,37” by 1,5 cm = 0,59”) 2 pieces metal bag sliders (size approx: 3,5 cm = 1,37” by 1,5 cm = 0,59”)
- Lining: You can make the bag without lining too. But I think it is better to sew a simple lining for the bag. It will be more durable. gray or light blue cotton fabric: 2 times: approx. 30 x 32 cm = 11,8” x 12,6” for the lining of the bag. 4 times: approx. 18 x 18 cm = 6,69” x 6,69” for the 2 inside pockets if you want to sew it.
- 1 magnetic purse snap / bag closure.
The instant download follows after the payment.
ENJOY crocheting! With Love, Bori